This privacy notice is intended to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection regulation, and was prepared exclusively for Viyahe, Inc. Last updated July 9, 2019.
What kind of personal data is collected?
In order to use the services offered by Viyahe.com, we need to collect your name, email address, and password in order to create an account for you. We also need to know what sort of travel you are contemplating in order for our travel agents to help you. We collect – but do not store – your credit card information for payment. Viyahe does not track or keep video or audio files. Viyahe does retain your textual conversations with the agent; such files are fully encrypted and can be deleted by you at any time.
Is my personal data shared with anyone?
Viyahe.com will provide your personal information to: Google.com (anonymized for analytics); Amazon.com (stores our data in its cloud); Amadeus (for booking); Stripe (for payment); Facebook (anonymized for analytics); various hotels and airlines; and the travel agents that are working with Viyahe.com. We also use: Bugsee (<a target=”_blank” href-“https://www.bugsee.com/” class=”weblink”>www.bugsee.com</a>) for bugs and error reporting; Amplitude (www.amplitude.com) for product analytics, intelligence, and user behavior tracking; and Branch (www.branch.io) for link tracking referral attribution, and analytics. Internally, your personal information will not be reviewed or seen on a regular basis, only upon your request. Even then, it will be seen only by Viyahe.com employees who have been trained to protect personal information.
How do you use this information?
Viyahe.com is requesting this information from you so that we can connect you electronically with a travel agent to help with your travel plans. We also use Google Analytics to see how our website is being used. When sorted by Google Analytics, your personal data is anonymized, so it can not be traced back to you. We also use Facebook analytics to see how our Facebook page is being used. When analyzed by Facebook Analytics, your personal data is anonymized, so it cannot be traced back to you. Information shared with Bugsee, Amplitude, and Branch is not anonymized, but data is associated to the user by means of a provisional identification, not your personal information.
Is my data shared overseas?
When storing your personal information electronically, Viyahe.com may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients by virtue of its cloud computing arrangements. Viyahe.com’s ‘cloud’ servers are located in Japan, Singapore, and the USA and Viyahe.com is reasonably satisfied that these countries have similar privacy protections to those afforded under United States law and the General Data Protection Regulation. Viyahe.com will not disclose your personal information to anybody else unless we are required to do so by law – for example if the information is needed in a medical emergency or for law enforcement purposes.
How do I access my personal information?
You may request access to your information at any time. To access or update your personal information, or for more information on our privacy obligations, contact email@example.com.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
Your personal data will be deleted upon your request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is my data stored?
Your data is stored in a cloud using the services of Amazon.com. In addition, we have technical and organizational security measures in place to protect data. For example, we use encryption, our IT system is regularly updated and reviewed and we train employees to protect your personal data.
How long is my data stored?
Your personal data stored for six (6) months after you have accepted this privacy notice. If you are still using the website after six (6) months, you will likely be prompted to agree to a privacy notice again.
Is data collection required by law?
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you will not be able to use the services offered by Viyahe.com.
What are the consequences if I do not provide the information to Viyahe.com?
Viyahe.com will be unable to electronically connect you with a travel agent. You will be unable to communicate directly with a travel agent using the Viyahe.com website.
Does Viyahe.com sell data?
What are my privacy rights?
- The right to be informed – this Privacy Notice tells you what you need to know.
- The right of access – you can access your personal data at any time, upon request.
- The right to rectification – if any data is incorrect, we will correct it, upon your request.
- The right to erasure – if you want us to delete or erase your data, we will, upon your request.
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability – you have the right to demand a copy of your personal data, and we will give it to you upon request. It can take as long as 30 days, and we will give it to you in a commonly used format. If you so request, we will also transfer your data to another “controller,”: i.e. a hotel or airline.
- The right to object - you can file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority located in the European Union – they enforce the General Data Privacy Regulation. You can find their contact information at: www.eugdpr.org. You can also email us at email@example.com.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling - you have the right to know if and how we your personal information is used in automated decision making and profiling. We do neither or those things. At some point in the future, we plan on using artificial intelligence to help our travel agents, but we will let you know well before that is implemented.
What if you change how you collect, use, store, etc. my data?
For any change that could potentially impact you via your personal information, Viyahe.com will do an impact assessment. If Viyahe.com decides to make changes, it will contact your directly via email and ask for your consent.
Who do I contact for more information?
Our Data Protection Officer is Pat Ambrosio, you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org .